Sunday 14 August 2011

Nautilus keyboard shortcuts

I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my laptop and until I got used to Unity I couldn’t find the menu bar for the nautilus window. I found out later that the menu for the application in focus appears in the desktop menu bar. However I urgently needed to find a hidden file and I half remembered that the keyboard shortcut was Control-h. That worked and so I started looking up other keyboard shortcuts and have put them together in a list below. I hope they are useful to someone.

Ctrl+A – Select All
Ctrl+D – Add to Bookmarks
Ctrl+B – Edit Bookmarks
Ctrl+W – Close Window
Ctrl+Q – Close All Windows
Ctrl+R – Reload/Refresh Window
Ctrl+S – Select Items Matching (Enter the pattern)
Ctrl+L – Go To Location Bar
Ctrl+H – Toggle ‘Show Hidden Files’
Ctrl+C – Copy Selected
Ctrl+X – Cut Selected
Ctrl+V – Paste Selected
Ctrl+T – Open New Tab
Ctrl+1 – Icon View
Ctrl+2 – List View
Ctrl+3 – Compact View
Ctrl++ – Zoom In
Ctrl+- – Zoom Out
Ctrl+0 – Reset Zoom Level
Ctrl+Shift+I – Invert Selection
Ctrl+Shift+N – Create New Folder
Ctrl+M – Create Link (Shortcut) [Highlight the file / folder first and then use press Ctrl+M]
Delete – Delete To Trash
Shift+Delete – Delete Permanently
Alt+Enter – Properties
Alt+Up – Open Parent Folder
Alt+Left – Go Back
Alt+Right – Go Forward
Alt+Home – Go To Home Folder
F1 – Open Help
F3 – Toggle Dual Pane Mode
F9 – Toggle Side Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment